Term insurance is one of the imperative insurance policies available in the market. They are known to provide complete protection with the offering of funds at the end of the term period or death benefits in case of the insured’s death. Having term insurance helps to safeguard you and your family for the long haul.
The market is flooded with numerous term insurance plans making it a difficult task to pick them apart. This is where finding an intelligent term insurance plan that can facilitate your modern-day lifestyle and offer a truly protective cover comes in handy. Here’s a take on the HDFC’s Click 2 Protect Life Term Insurance plan to see if it adds value to you and your family.
HDFC Click 2 Protect Life Term Insurance Plan
Narrated as a complete modern-day intelligent term insurance plan, HDFC’s Click 2 Protect does provides comprehensive cover to you and your family. The plan comes with maturity benefits and death benefits similar to the term life insurance in the market. But therein lies a few options that give it a new look. The plan comes with three different options:
- Life Protect Option: It is available with a life-protect option wherein a lump sum is provided to the insured’s family upon death. It also comes with a maturity benefit.
- Life and Critical Illness Benefit: The plan is suited for users looking for a life cover and critical illness cover in one. Designed with a smart intention, the insured can balance the policy amount into critical illness cover and life cover.
- Income Plus Option: Aimed at providing a retirement earning, this policy provides the insured with a maturity amount at retirement age along with regular income from therein till the end of the policy term.
Advantages of Click 2 Protect Life Term Insurance Plan:
- Death Benefits: The policy provides death benefits to the family or nominee of the insured in the form of:
- For Single Premium Policy: Highest amount between sum assured or 125% of single premium.
- For Other than Single Premium Policy: Highest amount between sum assured, 10 times of annualized premium or 105% of the total premiums paid.
- Maturity Benefits: Sum assured on maturity will be provided to the insured.
- Tax Benefits: Policyholders are entitled to some tax benefits on premiums for Click 2 Protect Life Insurance Plan under Section 10 (10D) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Multiple Options: The policyholder can select from the 3 different plans and pick the right one. This allows the insured to gain the benefit of term life insurance and secure themselves with a regular income after retirement.
- Additional add–on options: This plan allows the policyholders to avail additional benefits in the form of:
- Return of Premium Options: This allows the insured to receive 100% returns of the premium amount at the end of the term period.
- Accidental Death Benefit: An additional amount payable to the insured’s nominee at the occurrence of death due to accident.
- Flexibility in Premium Payment: Policyholders can alter their premium payment frequency easily. They can also reduce the terms of premium payment from regular to limited.
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 65 years; (50 years for Income Plus Plan)
- Policy Term: 10 years to Whole of Life
- Maturity Age: 75 years/ 85 years
- Sum Insured: Rs 20,00,000 to No-limit
HDFC Click 2 Protect Life presents a good viable option for people to find a smart protection option for themselves and their family. With the modern-day world already pacing fast, it would be a wise to opt for an intelligent plan that assures plenty of benefits to the insured.